Sight Seeing at Georgia's Forest & State Parks
Helen, GA is host to a variety of activities, such as hiking and whitewater rafting, and is one of the most gorgeous wildernesses on the planet. If you're looking for some attractive places to enjoy some fresh air and relaxation, here are a few of the best of Georgia's Forest & State Parks in the area.Unicoi State Park and Lodge
Conveniently located very close to Helen GA
, with miles of natural beauty, a great number of visitors are attracted to this park every year. Standing out among the crowd of Georgia's Forest & State Parks, here you will find a number of attractions and amenities:
Smith Lake -- This is the park's real gem. In addition to swimming and fishing, you can visit a small cove where you will find a beach house, picnic tables, and pedal boat and canoe rentals.
Smithgall Woods State Park
Picnic Areas --Here, you will find not one, not two, but eight different picnic sites scattered around the park, from above the beach to just off the main road. Reservations can also be made in advance for small family get togethers or large parties.
Also very popular among Georgia's Forest & State Parks, Smithgall is home to a wide variety of attractions and "things to do."
- Trout Fishing -- Intended for pure enjoyment, visitors can partake in a "catch and release" fishing extravaganza; but don't forget your Georgia fishing license.
- Hiking and Bicycling -- Enjoy an amazing 23 miles of trails for hikers and bikers alike.
- Guided Tours -- If you really want to make the most out of your visit, a guided tour is the way to go. You'll not only see the wonderful scenery that the park has to offer, you're bound to learn something, too.
Black Forest Bear Park
- Picnicking -- Grab your basket, some cold fried chicken, and your favorite potato chips, and languish in the tranquility of the gorgeous state park.
If you're looking for a unique experience while visiting Georgia's Forest & State Parks, look no further than Black Forest Bear Park. In addition to enjoying a number of beautiful views, you can witness and/ or interact with a variety of wildlife in controlled environments.
- Feed the Bears -- The park is home to more than fifteen bears, each with its own enclosure. For a nominal fee, you are allow to feed these beautiful creatures. If feeding them doesn't strike your fancy, then simply watch as they swim and climb trees.
- Snake Exhibit -- For a small fee, you can view a variety of snakes, other reptiles, and tarantulas.
We appreciate any feedback you may have about this or any of our blogs.
THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.